I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I will probably write another blog post on the pros and cons of this type of dating scenario, although some would argue there are only cons. But if I were the Bachelorette, here is my assessment of the 28 guys who made it to the show. You may want to grab some popcorn…
Let’s start with the seven she sent home:
- Jake– I would have sent him home too. The fact that he doesn’t remember meeting Becca other times shows a lot. A girl wants to feel special, pursued. If you don’t even really remember meeting me, not to mention the fact that you didn’t even show a little interest before, why all the sudden would you think now would be a good time to act on those non-feelings? Oh, to win, duh.
- Joe– I feel like a lot of people liked Joe but I didn’t and I’m glad she sent him home. He seems like a fun guy but does not mesh well with Becca at all romantically. I could see him being with someone like Tia though.
- Kamil– Okay, I would have sent him home once he spoke his first words. Telling Becca to “come here.” Umm what? Relationships are 50/50 so come to me. If you are already starting off by telling me what to do, bye. Besides, I feel like relationships are 100/100- it’s not healthy to keep track like that, in my opinion.
- Chase– Chase is a prime example of reaping what you sow unfortunately. Part of me wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just wasn’t a fan of the way he handled the situation. In that situation, you are trying to get to know someone’s character in a very short amount of time. That whole situation just didn’t help his case and I probably would have let him go too.
- Christian– I honestly don’t remember too much about this Christian. So I’m okay with him being let go.
- Darius– I don’t remember anything about this guy. Guess I won’t get to know anymore about him either.
- Grant– I was surprised she let Grant go over some of the other ones she let stay. I didn’t see him lasting long but definitely would have let him stay over some of the others.
Here are the 21 she decided to keep:
- Garrett– Okay, I see why Becca likes him and why she gave him the first impression rose. I like his adventuress side but that’s about it so far. He seems to live in the moment a little too much for me now but he may be a perfect match for Becca. I could see him fitting in well with her and her family.
- Colton– I can’t see him being with Becca because he belongs with me! Just kidding, but seriously, Colton is my favorite by far. You all know him mentioning he is still a virgin sealed the deal for me. Though I’m not a fan of his quote of not necessarily waiting for marriage but waiting for the right person. I may or may not have sent him a DM on IG encouraging him to stay strong and wait for marriage.
- Alex– He’s cute. Unfortunately, that is all I remember from him. I want to say he was a little awkward too but who isn’t sometimes?!
- Blake– While listening to Blake tell his story, I was like bye. But Becca said she felt like she connected with him. To me, it seems like he isn’t over his ex yet and it’s not wise to jump into another relationship so quickly, in my opinion. I probably would have let him go.
- Chris– I appreciate Chris telling Becca about Chase. But it was still kind of weird. Just hoping he did it for the right reasons. Don’t see him with Becca in the long run.
- Christian– Okay, Mr. Harlem Globetrotter. He was one of my favorites. Just a fun guy and lots of energy. Can’t wait to see more from him.
- Clay– There are several things I like about Clay. I love that he’s a professional football player, which shows hard work and determination. I love that he seems super close with his family. The only thing I don’t like is that he seems a little quiet and not silly enough for my liking.
- Connor– I was a little on the fence with him but I’m leaning toward liking him I think. I want to see more. And he’s super cute.
- David– Pretty sure David was the one in the chicken suit. And if so, I think he might be my second favorite. Kudos to anyone who’s willing to be silly and make the most of this short life we’ve been given. I’d take a guy in a chicken suit over a guy that’s too-cool-for-school any day. He’s also pretty good looking which makes it even better. It’s so funny how the guys were offended by getting sent home over a guy in a chicken suit. If you really want to know how that’s makes perfect sense, I’d be happy to tell you:)
- Jason– I really don’t remember anything about this guy. Nothing.
- Jean Blanc– No. A cologne collector. What?! Bye.
- John– Didn’t this guy say he made the venmo app? Umm I’m sure this guy is super smart, which is attractive, but I have a feeling he’s a little too arrogant for my liking.
- Jordan– Definitely one of my favorites! Not to ever date but just to make fun of! He cracks me up. I did write him on IG too and he responded. I basically told him it’s going to be hard to find someone to love him as much as he loves himself;)
- Leo– That hair! Leo definitely does his own thing, which is so cool. But I have no idea what he is doing on the show. Someone must have applied for him. This is not his thing at all which I must say is very attractive.
- Lincoln– Lincoln is just a cool guy. Loved hearing part of his story and culture. I also love his name. He’ll be interesting to learn more about.
- Mike– I don’t know what to think about Mike yet. That long hair. Sometimes it looks great, other times not. I’m leaning more toward not liking him but we’ll see.
- Nick– I feel like Nick and Jordan would be best friends. Although, I am loving all of the Florida guys on this season. Represent! Jordan’s into himself because of his looks; Nick is into himself because of his looks and having a law degree.
- Rickey– Don’t remember too much about him but he is cute and seems like a sweet guy.
- Ryan– Okay, Ryan is definitely quirky which I like but it may be just a little too much. On the fence with him at this point. It’s hard to find the right balance of confidence and humbleness I think sometimes.
- Trent– Trent looks like a very nice, low key guy. I want to see more of him.
- Willis– I didn’t see enough of Willis. We’ll see what new thoughts I’ll have once I see him more.
Let me know your opinions in the comments below. Tell me not to watch the show. Tell me it’s all fake. Tell me who you like the best!
photo credit: gusdiaz Red is the first color of spring. via photopin (license)